Thursday, August 13, 2009

SERGEY ZUBOV: I WANT TO PLAY ON HIGH LEVEL IN RUSSIA




Press-conference of SKA St. Petersburg newcomer and one of best Russian defencemen, who played 16 seasons in NHL, Sergey Zubov was held at KHL office yesterday.

KHL president Alexandr Medvedev and HC SKA general director Vadim Fisko also took part in this press-conference.

"We are happy that one of the best our players return home", said Medvedev to start the meeting with journalists. "Zubov is Olympic champion, two-time Stanley Cup holder and the most effective Russian and Soviet defencemen who played in NHL".

"We will make for St. Petersburg after this press conference, said Fisko. As a result of medical tests we will put our signatures under the contract and then he will join the team".

"Ceremony of presentation with the club sweater was a surprise for me", said Zubov. "Nobody let me know about it beforehand and I am very excited".

"I don’t want to look ahead but when I accepted an offer to play in KHL I planned to play on a high level. I feel that I can regain my best form until the start of the new season".

"Frankly speaking I thought about my career in KHL during past couple of weeks. I am a little bit frightened about it because it’s really a hard stage in my career. But I promise to cope with my excitement and impress our fans".

"I discussed my possible move with my family and we decided that Russia would be the most appropriate place for continuing my career. It was a tough decision and I am thankful to my family for their support".

"I watched Russia playing at the World championship with great interest. I should say that I move to an absolutely different country that that which I left many years ago".

"I can’t but being glad that players in Russia progress and become stronger with creation of Kontinental Hockey League".

No comments:

Post a Comment