Saturday, April 25, 2009

Today's hero - Capitals Matt Bradley



Nikale Photos

It looks to be easy to pick up right one for my “Hero of the Day” nomination as only one game was played yesterday. But it’s not right. To take to consideration phenomenal second period Ovechkin’s goal highlighted by everyone and everywhere. Or maybe it’s the second shootout in four career playoffs games registered by young Simeon Varlamov? I have to apologize. Sorry, my Russian countrymen and millions of Ovie fans (me included). Today’s Hero of the Day is Capitals forward Matt Bradley. His 2 second period goals in my opinion decided this game. I would like to underline the first goal. It’s the best example of real hard work while shorthanded fighting to the end with perfect execution of the finishing minor touch. Caps started the game uncertain and obviously nervous, when have got the penalty. Matt’s goal turned the whole picture to Washington. Silent leader probably is the best description of such a player. Well done, Matt!

1 comment: