Sunday, April 12, 2009

Congratulations, guys!





I would like to congratulate Ian Laperrier (Colorado), Roberto Luongo (Vancouver), Niklas Hjalmarsson (Chicago) and Zac Parise (Nye Jersey)

Colorado’s Ian Laperriere skated in his 1,000th NHL game on Saturday, an accomplishment he'll always cherish. The gritty forward made his debut on March 3, 1994, while with the St. Louis Blues. He has played for four teams, and spent the last four seasons with the Avalanche. "It is meaningful," he said. "If I look back at my career, it's my effort that I'm proudest of ... I worked hard so I could play into my 30s, and I'm still playing hard at 35."

Roberto Luongo posted his second straight shutout, stopping 22 shots. Luongo, who blanked Los Angeles on Thursday, extended the franchise record with his ninth shutout this season. He has 47 in the NHL, tying him with San Jose's Evgeni Nabokov for fourth among active players. New Jersey goalie Martin Brodeur is first with 101.

Chicago Niklas Hjalmarsson netted his first NHL goal

Zac Parise's goal gave him 58 points at home this season, tying the franchise record set by Patrik Elias in 2000-01.
I wish you all the best, guys, and good luck - Ian Laperrier in the next season and for rest of the guys – in playoffs.

Nikale Photos (Ian Laperrier and Roberto Luongo,left)

1 comment: